Our client, one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong qualified Intercompany Accountant to support their growing business on an initial contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 30,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Intercompany Accountant Contractor role will be sitting in the EMEA head office and report to the Intercompany Lead within the Inventory, Intercompany and Master Data. In this role you will be responsible for supporting a wide range of accounting tasks to ensure intercompany transactions are accurately processed and all intercompany accounts are reconciled and agreed with counter-parties on a monthly basis. The role is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Preparing, issuing and recording VAT compliant intercompany invoices covering both routine and ad hoc intercompany transactions
- Preparing and issuing intercompany statements to facilitate the monthly matching procedure with counterparties (operating on SAP or other GL systems globally)
- Reconciling intercompany account balances and proactively resolve intercompany imbalances to achieve the company's thresholds at month end, utilising the consolidation reports issued by Group Reporting from the Hyperion consolidation
- Preparing Hyperion correcting journal entries (in the consolidation system) and ensure replicated in SAP
- Ensuring adherence to intercompany accounting policy through scrutiny of requests, accurate coding provision and approvals
- Liaising with counterparts globally to resolve intercompany issues
- Providing audit support relating to intercompany activities
In order to be considered for this daily rate Intercompany Accountant role, you will be a qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant exposure to intercompany accounting within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Being a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Strong technical working knowledge of intercompany accounting
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting practice
- Deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in an ERP accounting system, as well as the interrelationships that exist
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
- Sstrong systems experience (ideally with SAP and Hyperion) and excellent Excel skills
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading multinational headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
- Considerable scope to add value and build on your portfolio in a market leader in a global role
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.