Our client is a global leader and highly regarded business within the food manufacturing sector. Over the past number of years, they have shown double digit growth and subsequently acquired a number of business to support strategic growth through new products and channels to market. They now seek an experienced interim Financial Accountant to join them on an long term interim basis.
Following recent acquisitions, the business is looking to bring onboard an experienced Interim Group Financial Accountant, reporting to the Group Financial Controller, who will support the timely and accurate delivery of business and financial information to drive strategy and operational excellence. This will require a strong businesses partner, who can adapt quickly in face paced environment and is looking for an opportunity to work in a global market leader.
The role will be based in Dublin, with some planned European travel, and is intended to be an interim position to support a critical phase in the business cycle but would have the potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity for the right individual at an international level.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Production of monthly management accounts for legal entities in line with Group accounting policies including Commercial P&L, Statutory Accounts, Balance Sheet reviews
- Prepare Budget/Forecast Balance sheet and Cash-flows
- Partner with Group Tax/VAT and preparation/review of tax returns
- Providing analysis and supporting information to assist the management team in understanding business performance and decision making
- Preparation of statutory accounts for external audit and group review
- Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Assist the Financial Controller as required and participate in various projects where relevant
In order to be considered for this Interim Financial Accountant contract, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a depth of experience in a similar environment and in a business going through growth. Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have several years of post qualification experience in industry
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP, and experience within a group reporting function supporting the month-end process
- You will have strong systems experience to drive efficiencies including experience using SAP (essential)
- Technical experience of European VAT would be advantageous
- A strong background in a commercially focussed business that operates on an international level.
- Some experience of business transformation, change or supporting financial projects would be advantageous
- You will be immediately available or on short notice
What's on offer:
- Opportunity to support a global leader as they scale
- Considerable visibility within the senior leadership team of a growing multinational adding to your portfolio and supporting your professional brand
- Generous daily rate/salary with the genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer-term positions
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.