Our client, a well-known and hugely successful Irish third level education facility is seeking a Manager to take responsibility for the Internal Audit division including the management of a team of 2 internal auditors. Within this role, the Internal Audit Manager is responsible for carrying out internal audits for the group including three subsidiary companies.
As Internal Audit Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Planning audits to ensure scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, timing and budget are reasonable, procedures are efficient and appropriate resources are assigned.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects. Identifying emerging issues that may impact the audit plan.
- Identifying audit findings based on work undertaken, determining root cause of the problem and associated impact, validating the accuracy of the finding with the audit client and clearly highlighting the risks for presentation to management.
- Escalating higher risk issues to the Financial Director.
- Performing assigned activities ensuring the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the audit findings and conclusion.
- Executing the audit plan to meet the audit objectives within the budgeted time.
- Ensuring documentation of work is of a high standard, supports audit conclusions and is in accordance with department standards.
- Ensuring appropriate audit coverage is arranged and minimise duplicate audit efforts within the group.
- Presenting findings to the audit committee.
- Internal or external audit experience within a national organisation.
- Previous experience of managing, driving and assessing the skills of an audit team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with other teams within finance.
Salary: Up to €85,000 + Benefits
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 01-6321881 for a confidential discussion.