Our client is a worldwide leader in beverage production with a manufacturing facility in the West of Ireland. Following a recent expansion, their analytical science laboratory team requires a Laboratory Analytical Scientist to join their organisation.
With the support of the co-ordinated analytical team, the Laboratory Scientist will be required to:
- Perform basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required chemical, analytical and/ or sensorial methodology according to quality guidelines.
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications. Record results & write technical reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing).
- Organise workflow and task schedules to maximise laboratory efficiency (e.g., prioritise sample analysis, assign tasks, preventative maintenance).
- Train and instruct Laboratory Analysts/Scientists.
- Work to and ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentations, quality records and audits.
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes. This may include database queries, statistical process control or correlation study.
- Lead research projects and develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results. This may include performing capability studies.
- Bachelors' degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or Food Technology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
- 3+ years' relevant experience in a laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry (Advanced degree in relevant experience accepted, as equivalent)
- Highly experienced in GC or LC Mass Spec
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
- An inventive and inquisitive mind.
- Experience in beverage technology and flavour/Sensory/Analtical chemistry.
- Experience in troubleshooting instrumentation and optimising procedures is desirable.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aidan Toner at HRM on +353 91 782110 for a confidential discussion.