Our client is a large FMCG company based in Dublin operating on a global scale, due to internal restructuring as well as the centralisation of the procurement function they are seeking to hire a Local Sourcing Manager whom will be the interface between the European Central Procurement team and local NPD & Sales teams. Working with these teams the role will be involved in developing a well thought-through sourcing plan and strategy, including the development of sourcing category strategy, supplier base management, building and improving strategic suppliers' partnerships, negotiating ex-work suppliers' product prices and defining contractual terms and conditions.
- You will be working with the Central Procurement team to develop and implement the strategic sourcing plans for the category or sub-categories which consider both pan-European and local business considerations.
- In this role, you will diagnose needs of your local market in terms of sourcing in line with organisational business strategy.
- Materialise procurement savings and ensure the organisation is always buying at the best price.
- You will coordinate the roll-out of promotions and new product launches.
- In this role you will identify & execute product migrations with suitable supply partners.
- You will be responsible for implementing supplier contracts where appropriate.
- You will work to ensure continuity of supply.
- Engage with internal stakeholders in order to generate ideas and opportunities.
- You will work with a high sense of urgency and possess excellent analytical skills to define problems, identify alternatives and recommend a course of action.
- Third level qualification
- Comfortable working in an international, complex matrix organisation
- 3 years + experience managing suppliers within BIFG (Bought In Finished Goods)
- Experience within the food industry preferred
- Intermediate MS Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Category management and data analysis experience desirable
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to join a growing, fast moving global company which takes pride in our delicious food offerings
- Exposure to a dynamic supply base and opportunity to meet with suppliers from across Europe
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme, Income Protection and Life Assurance provided
- Subsidised canteen / restaurant
- Free car parking
- Onsite gym
- Bike to work scheme
- Further career & development opportunities
- Flexible working requests welcome
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul McDonogh at HRM on +353 1 6321882 for a confidential discussion.