Our client is one of the global leaders in Medical Devices. Currently, they are expanding one of their sites further, due to a large growth phase. They are seeking a Shift Process Engineer to oversee the maintenance on site, managing a team of 18 technicians.
- You will be an active member of the shift team to resolve EHS, Quality and Operational issues within the shift
- Manage a comprehensive Preventive and Corrective Maintenance programme in assembly and corrective maintenance in all other operational areas of the site and ensure that documents are audit ready to meet compliance and regulatory requirements
- Working with the Process Engineers, identify areas of problems/opportunities in existing equipment and detail possible improvements following up with production, tool room and outside resources as appropriate.
- Manage small improvement projects as required
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives as appropriate - Kaizen, Lean, LDMS, Blitzes.
- May be required to act as a back up user to the site computerized calibration tracking system.
- Work with direct reports to carry out risk assessments, behavioural based audits, close out near miss action items on a regular basis.
- Work with immediate manager to review machine spares and ensure that necessary spares and stock levels are set up in stores
- Identify the development and training needs of direct reports and coordinate with immediate manager to prepare a comprehensive plan
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
- You will be Degree qualified (ideally Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering)
- You will have 3-5 years' experience in a similar role with direct people management experience.
- You will be able to work and communicate in a cross functional environment and will be familiar working in a regulated, high volume and very automated environment
- You will have knowledge of PLCs, Vision Systems, High Speed Assembly and Packaging operation would be preferred.
To learn more about this role please contact Emma Mullen - 00353 87 636 9263.