Our client, the producer of some of the world's most popular consumer goods, are currently recruiting for an innovative and driven individual to join the Materials Team as Materials Planner on a permanent basis reporting to Materials Manager. Since 2012, the organisation have invested over €250 million to double their production capacity to meet global demand for their products. There is a further planned investment of over €150 million which began early 2019.
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and monitoring of the movement of materials. In addition you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that production line delivery aligns with minimum stock targets and logistics costs.
- Monitor Supply Chain metrics to identify gaps in current processes, improve service levels to internal and external customers, reduce waste, and improve the value chain efficiency.
- Continuously evaluate and develop processes for material delivery from supplier to the manufacturing site.
- Ensure that stores inventory is managed to excellent standards through stores layout, use of 5S principles, stock identification and tagging.
- Perform ad hoc projects duties when required.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Very results orientated to meet project deadlines.
- Motivated and pro-active can-do attitude.
- IT literate with proven experience in MS Office & SAP.
- Analytical ability & ability to problem solve.
- Third level qualification in related Procurement/Quality/Supply Chain.
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar purchasing role, preferably within FMCG sector.
- Manufacturing planning experience.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul McDonogh at HRM on +353 1 6321882 for a confidential discussion.