Our client is a global multinational engineering organisation with divisions and products in aerospace, construction machinery, mining and components. Employing over 50,000 staff globally with north of 11 billion in revenue per annum, this business has long been an employer of choice in their designated field here in Ireland. They are currently expanding the Leadership Team in Ireland and are looking for a strong RTG/ASC Design Engineering Manager for their Rubber Tyre Gantry and Automatic Stacking Crane Team.
- Development and layout of design solutions for RTG / ASC cranes and their components.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of RTG and ASC design and incorporate within the design all applicable standards and codes.
- Coordinating all design aspects of the RTG and ASC products/contracts.
- Development of technical specifications in compliance with client requirements.
- Liaise with other departments, sister companies, subcontractors etc. to optimise product design.
- Coordinate the development of the RTG and ASC with a view to improving crane and component design with respect to appearance, cost, reliability, functionality and durability.
- Managing and developing a team of engineers. Set targets for, evaluate, identify training needs and manage the performance, development and discipline of personnel within the department.
- Interface with clients, clients' project management and other disciplines ensuring the highest level of service.
- Liaise with Machine Safety & Documentation Department to ensure compliance with regulatory (Machinery Directive) and for the preparation of manuals.
- Work with the Wider Team to develop and implement engineering standards and methodologies to ensure effective designs.
- Actively apply innovative engineering methods to deliver the most effective designs and solutions.
- Level 8 degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' previous experience in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership skill required to challenge the status quo and adapt new technologies and techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Aisling Clements on + 353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.