Our client are a market leading Irish FMCG organisation who export a large portfolio of products to over 80 countries worldwide. They operate across 7 facilities in Ireland, with large investment being made in state-of-the-art technologies across the business in recent years.
They are seeking an innovative and driven NPD Technologist to join their growing R&D function at their Cavan based site.
Duties and responsibilities of the NPD Technologist will include:
- New product development/re-innovation based on Voice of Customer (VOC) - project brief preparation, scoping, leading, coordinating & executing through stage-gate process
- Product formulation, bench and pilot-scale trials, production trials, analytical testing, shelf-life and sensory analysis
- Support commercial team to proactively review relevant market sectors and competitors to prepare commercially important and deliverable NPD projects
- Researching new ingredients/products and processing technology
- Build technical relationships with new and existing customers
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following:
- BSc in Food Science or similar
- Experience in product development/R&D in a food manufacturing facility
- Experience in beverages, dairy, powders, nutritionals is desirable
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.