Our client is a global food solutions company that cater for a broad range of customer needs including meal solutions, food services and also inflight catering for one of the top airlines. Their aim is to serve the best meal solutions available to the FMCG, Food Services and In-Flight sectors and they strive to achieve this through dedication to maintaining a consistent approach to producing top quality products for customers. Our client strongly believes that their employees are their greatest asset, with a team who are passionate about food quality and who strive to achieve the highest standards in both food production and food safety. This BRC accredited facility are expanding and are looking for a new NPD Technologist to join them.
Reporting into and working directly with the NPD Manager, the NPD Technologist will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting NPD projects - dealing with customer specifications, improvements to existing products and the assist in the creation of new ideas for new products.
- Production Trial assessment - carry out and record organoleptic assessment, of production samples vs. kitchen samples. Ensure production recipe is amended to achieve same results as kitchen sample.
- Recipe Development - assist in the development of innovative recipes and new product concepts as per business / customer brief. Working within the Development Kitchen to develop and improve new and existing products.
- Product Presentations - organise samples for customer presentations. Attend customer shows / trade shows etc. as required.
The successful individual will have the following:
- A Culinary Arts qualification/Food Science/Food Innovation Qualification.
- Minimum 2 years' previous experience in a similar role required.
- A firm understanding of HACCP & legislation requirements.
- This person will ideally be a Foodie - a trend follower with a passion for recipe development and innovating.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.