This Irish owned manufacturer work with leaders in the Healthcare, Medical Devices, Automotive and Industrial industry sectors here in Ireland and abroad. They work with their customers to design, manufacture and assemble components that make their products successful in their chosen markets.
They are seeking an experienced NPI Quality Engineer to join their growing Quality team to support with a number of new product introductions to the site.
Duties and responsibilities of the NPI Quality Engineer will include:
- Act as product quality representative working with the customer and our design and manufacturing teams on new products
- Ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability and design intents
- Use APQP principles and follow customers' APQP processes to create methods and systems to ensure product quality
- Lead all PFMEA activities to eliminate or reduce risks to product quality
- Participate in all NPIs reviews with customers taking the lead on all quality related workflows
- Review and sign off on all PPAP processes from suppliers
- Coordinate with other functions and report status at various phase gates
- Lead the deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products throughout the product life cycle
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- BS or BEng in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5 + relevant industry experience,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in dealing with customers
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including 8D
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) and statistical tools (Minitabetc)
- Skilled at reading 2D part drawings and understanding GD&T
- Familiar with Solidworks or similar CAD software
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 632 1885 for a confidential discussion.