Process Lead Engineer
- Posted 25 May 2023
- Salary€60000 - €75000 per annum + healthcare, bonus, pension etc
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineLife Sciences & Engineering Technologies
- ContactMelissa Caramante
Our client is a leading global pharmaceutical organisation with significant operations, including one of Ireland's leading bulk API manufacturing operations. In addition the site offers contract manufacturing and development services. This innovator has led the way in the development of API's and Chemical Intermediates both in Ireland and abroad. Their Irish operations currently manufacture some of the world's most important medicines, and they are continuing to expand their offering through a large capital investment to introduce a new manufacturing suite. Based in North Dublin, the site is now seeking to expand the Process Engineering Team.
You will have a critical role as a Process Lead Engineer within the Process Engineering Team, which is part of a wider operations group. This is a day role, supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation. You will be responsible for supporting the manufacture of API's and Intermediates, including the technical transfer and validation of new chemical processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the preparation, start-up and running of processes on plant including key focus areas of throughput, robustness and yield.
- Campaign support to ensure that manufacturing schedules and volumes are met in a consistent and timely manner. This includes deviation investigation, yield and cycle time monitoring and solvent use forecasting.
- Interacting with Maintenance, R&D, QA/QC, Engineering, EHS and other functions, to ensure efficient and safe operation of the manufacturing plants.
- Support for NPI (scale up, technical transfer and commercialisation of new compounds) in the manufacturing facilities.
- Involvement with OpEx, simplification initiatives and projects, including process automation.
- Ensuring that the manufacturing facilities are operated in a manner that meets all current GMP and environmental standards.
- Providing technical support to ensure that capital projects meet the objectives and needs of the Operations Department.
- Have a 3rd level degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or a related engineering or science degree.
- Have experience working within the Chemical/Pharmaceutical industry.
- API/small molecule experience would be an advantage.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Have strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment or on one's own initiative without close supervision.
- Previous experience in the scale-up or tech transfer of new products would be an advantage.
- An Operational Excellence certification (yellow, green, black belt) would be an advantage.
- A chance to work with a world leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast passed, dynamic and growing company.
- Excellent opportunities for career enhancement and personal development.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- A well-established further education program.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Melissa Caramante at HRM on +353 1 632 1801 for a confidential discussion.