Our client, a leading contract manufacturer of components within medical device, pharmaceutical and automotive sectors based in Galway are seeking a Product Development Engineer. This role will report into the Senior Product Development Engineer. You will be part of the design team, responsible for providing support to projects, both internally and on behalf of clients.
Duties and responsibilities of the Product Development Engineer will include:
- Resolve design, testing and manufacturing issues as they arise - using appropriate mathematic theory and FEA/simulation analysis
- Continuously monitor project performance against scope, timing, budget, risk and report variance to contract
- Prepare reports/documentation to communicate status and results internally and to customers
- Compile full product specification packages for Production Release (component drawings, inspection criteria, material specs, work instructions, packaging specs etc.)
- Ensure that documentation such as product development, manufacturing process and test specifications /procedures are completed in compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- 1-3 years engineering experience in medical device or other highly regulated environment
- Results driven and able to be adaptable to deal with change and innovation
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 00 353 91782113.