A leading global medical device organisation specialist in the commercialisation and manufacture of innovative products are seeking to appoint a Product Development Scientist to join their expanding R&D hub in the West of Ireland.
Reporting to the Specialist Technologies Manager and with the support of the R&D team, the Product Development Scientist will carry out new product development, ensuring effective technology transfer to the company's global operations. The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Support the new product development through validation and implementation of new processes to support production.
- Where necessary, support the improvement of processes within production of current market products.
- Provide expertise in formulation and coatings.
- Perform investigations and provide technical support to issues reported by end users of company products.
- Facilitate the transfer of product and process knowledge across relevant departments and sister sites by collaborating effectively with global teams.
- Foster a hands-on approach to performing and evaluating experiments and lab tests to support the management decision making process.
- Supporting R&D, process improvement and technology transfer initiatives both on- and off-site.
In order to carry out the role effectively, the following crucial requirements must be held:
- A relevant 3rd level degree and 5 years' experience in Chemistry, Material or Polymer Science.
- A working knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- A willingness to travel (10% - international).
- Be self-driven, results-driven and a team player.
- Interpersonal savvy, managerial courage and a customer focus is essential for this role.
Additional desirable attributes:
- Knowledge of experimental design and project management advantageous.
- Experience with process improvement.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aidan Toner at HRM on 091 782110 for a confidential discussion.