As our client expands their operations at their site in Kilkenny, they are looking for a Production Manager to join their food and beverage manufacturing facility.
- Provide leadership in the optimisation of plant processes and equipment on an on-going basis.
- Provide cover for the Operations Manager during holidays and training requirements.
- Ensure that the plant teams are working in line with KPIs and CI and Clean as you go programmes are fully implemented.
- Proactively contribute to on-going efforts to improve plant efficiencies and reduce process variation.
- Support the business in producing quality product first time through a clear understanding of customer needs.
- Systematically through lean methodology assess plant performance to identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive Implementation of improvement projects, facilitating and monitoring improvement initiatives.
- Strive to reduce costs and improve efficiencies through detailed knowledge of the process and a continuous goal of eliminating waste.
- Liaise with managers of other departments to ensure customer and business requirements are fulfilled in a uniform manner.
- Ensure that all employees in operations have the requisite skills and flexibility in relation to their department/area of work.
- To ensure housekeeping standards, and safe systems of work are met and maintained in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and act in line with Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' experience in a supervisory/management experience in an FMCG company.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on +353 873449559 for a confidential discussion.