This innovative food manufacturer supplies heavily into both the Irish and UK markets. They are a fast-paced food manufacturing company operating at their site in Cork. The organisation continues to grow and are about to open a second production facility. They currently require a Production Manager to join their team.
- Lead and manage the production team and is a member of the management team reporting to the plant manager.
- Create a culture that drives safe and efficient production which meets the requirements for quality, delivery and total costs within the production area.
- Monitor, deliver and report against Site Metrics and KPI's
- Lead continuous improvements efforts through employee engagement to deliver improved results in efficiencies, quality, cost, safety and delivery to get to the root cause of systemic issues
- Create and develop a high performing cross-functional team driven by developing talent, visible leadership and creating a supportive team-based culture.
- Compliance with the company Health & Safety Policy and Procedures in the Low Care Area and continuous working to improve H&S.
- Focus on training and developing supervisors, line leaders and operators.
- Ensuring compliance with the company Quality and Hygiene Systems and GMP/BRC standards.
- Execution of the daily plan. Liaising with Planning Dept. to improve planning.
- Liaising with Maintenance Dept. to ensure machinery is kept in full working order, serviced correctly and operators are appropriately trained.
- Measuring and communicating KPI's.
- Maintaining waste at minimal levels.
- Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or equivalent.
- 5-7 years' experience in a similar role.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on +353 873449559 for a confidential discussion.