HRM have been retained by a global manufacturer of injection moulded medical device components who are looking to hire a Project Engineer to operate out of their site which is undergoing rapid expansion. To support the business' growing customer demand for new projects, the Project Engineer will join the existing engineering team with a primary focus of supporting customer projects.
The Project Engineer will work closely with both project management, quality and operations. The role is suitable for someone who is adaptable to the changing needs of the business and willing to work on their own initiative to deliver customer projects in a timely manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops project objectives in accordance with customer and/or internal requirements, conferring with the customer and management where necessary.
- Assesses project risk and implements risk reduction strategies.
- Develops and manages project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Communicates assigned tasks to project team members, both internal and external.
- Co-ordinates with project team to ensure delivery of project per schedule.
- Obtains quotations, compiles project costings & provides reports to management.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information; recommending actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload with parallel projects.
- Communicates with manufacturing sites and sub-contractors on project activities.
- Support manufacturing operations to ensure co-ordination of project handover to production.
- Support Quality in the delivery of customer requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 Years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding and Tooling is a distinct advantage.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office suite, MS Project, Minitab & SolidWorks or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- An experienced professional. Good knowledge of technical and business concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Competent at managing multiple parallel projects using established project management methodologies.
- Ability to knowledge and exercises judgement to recommend solutions and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise work according to company strategies and customer requirements to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Ability to maintains effective relationships with cross-functional project teams, customers, suppliers and management.
- Strong written and oral communication, and ability to communicate difficulties which could impact the delivery of projects to appropriate management.
For more information, contact Anita Osibuamhe on 01-6321870 or apply directly.