- Posted 08 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering Leaders and Specialists
- ContactAnita Osibuamhe
HRM has been retained by a global manufacturer of injection moulded medical device subcomponents who are looking to hire a Vendor Project Engineer on a permanent basis. This role operates out of their manufacturing site which is undergoing rapid expansion. To support the business growing customer demand for new projects, the Vendor Project Engineer will join the existing Engineering Team with the primary focus of supporting customer projects.
The Vendor Project Engineer will work closely with both project management, quality and operations. The role is suitable for someone who is adaptable to the changing needs of the business and willing to work on their own initiative to deliver customer projects in a timely manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop project objectives in accordance with customer and/or internal requirements, conferring with the customer and management where necessary.
- Assess project risk and implement risk reduction strategies.
- Develop and manage project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Communicate assigned tasks to project team members, both internal and external.
- Co-ordinate with project team to ensure delivery of project per schedule.
- Obtain quotations, compile project costings and provide reports to management.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information; recommending actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload with parallel projects.
- Communicate with manufacturing sites and sub-contractors on project activities.
- Support manufacturing operations to ensure co-ordination of project handover to production.
- Support Quality in the delivery of customer requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding and Tooling is a distinct advantage.
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office suite, MS Project, Minitab and SolidWorks or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- An experienced professional with good knowledge of technical and business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Competent at managing multiple parallel projects using established project management methodologies.
- Ability and knowledge to exercise judgement in recommending solutions and solving problems.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work according to company strategies and customer requirements to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with cross-functional project teams, customers, suppliers and management.
- Strong written and oral communication, and ability to communicate difficulties which could impact the delivery of projects to appropriate management.
For more information, contact Anita Osibuamhe on 01-6321870 or apply directly.