Our client, a leading manufacturer of medical devices serving the global marketplace based in Connacht are seeking an experienced Project Engineer. This role will report directly to the Business Unit Engineering Manager. You will be providing manufacturing support over a range of manufacturing processes and be accountable for the business metrics of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Duties and responsibilities of the Project Engineer will include:
- Lead process improvement initiatives to reduce cost
- Improve manufacturing efficiency
- Project manage and lead new product introduction projects, introducing new processes as appropriate
- Complete process and product validations and implementing product, process and material changes through validation, change control & documentation updates
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 4 years prior experience in a similar role - process validations
- Familiar with statistical software - Minitab
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured route cause problem solving
- Knowledge of SIM studies and DOE would be advantageous.
For more information on this opportunity apply now or call Laura Gallagher in HRM on 091782113 for a confidential discussion.