Our client is an innovative food manufacturing facility based in the Midlands where they produce up to 50 different products every week. There is an opening for a QA Manager to join the Quality team, reporting directly into the Site Manager.
Duties and responsibilities of the QA Manager include:
- Overall responsibility for implementation, co-ordination, management and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Standards.
- Lead the HACCP Team and manage all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programmes to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
- Lead and manage regulatory, 3rd party and internal audits.
- Implement CAPA programmes and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with and guide QC Co-Ordinator.
- Provide strategic oversight over Quality and Food Safety issue related decisions.
- Carry out GMP audits of site, monitor and support close-outs.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications & experience in the following:
- Minimum of an Honours Science degree in Food Science/ Quality Management.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Quality Systems: BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP and BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Maeve Fahey at HRM on +353 1 6321885 for a confidential discussion.