Our client is a privately-owned pharmaceutical group with an extensive portfolio of marketed cancer care products and a robust drug development pipeline. They are currently searching for a QC Microbiologist to be based at the Group's finished pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Dublin. The plant operates as a state-of-the-art drug product development and manufacturing facility to produce oral, solid and topical dosage forms. In addition, the company carries out final packaging of special dosage forms such as sterile forms and soft gel which are produced by its worldwide network of CMOs.
As QC Microbiologist, you will carry out most of your duties in the Quality Control Micro Laboratory. Your primary tasks and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Performing micro analysis of raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples associated with development products according to specifications
- Performing micro analysis of water and environmental samples
- Monitoring micro trends in a timely fashion
- Liaising with external labs on any micro testing that requires off site testing
The successful applicant will possess the following knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- A BSc degree (Life Science)
- At least two years' experience working within a pharmaceutical cGLP environment (IMB and FDA approved)
- Practical/working experience of micro testing methods
- Possessing excellent attention to detail is a must with ability to critically review analytical data
- Ability to trouble shoot, identify microbiological issues and follow up with corrective actions
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a self-directed manner (standalone position within a larger QC group/ up to 30 people)
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.