One of the world's most well-known and successful brands, this industry leading supplier of Irish food & beverage products now has requirements for a QC Microbiologist to join their team in Cork.
Reporting to the Central Laboratory Manager, key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct analysis of alcoholic beverages and associated samples in accordance with GLP.
- Log-in daily samples and enter results into LIMS.
- Preparation of samples for presentation to Central Laboratory's sensory panel.
- Perform packaging audits of primary and secondary packaging of samples.
- Record non-conformances in relation to outside-of-specification events.
- Prepare microbiological media and conduct microbiological analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, finished product and process water from IDL and Co-Packer sites.
- Assist with and participate in troubleshooting quality/production issues in Co-Packer sites.
- Writing and reviewing of laboratory SOPs, laboratory reports and trending of data.
- Training of work placement students in relevant tasks.
- Ensuring that laboratory instrumentation is calibrated as per the calibration schedule.
- Ensuring a high level of laboratory housekeeping is maintained.
- Assist in the compilation of Monthly Quality KPIs.
- Purchasing of laboratory consumables within budget.
- Provide support and cover to the Product Quality Laboratory as required
Key experience and competencies include:
- 3 years' experience in a laboratory/production/quality control environment.
- BSc. (Honours) in Microbiology, Food Science or related discipline.
- Self-starter with good time management and an ability to prioritise daily schedules.
- An effective team player.
An excellent package is on offer with this role.
Contact Paul Wheatley in HRM to discover more about this opportunity on +353214511190 for a confidential discussion.