Exporting to over forty countries worldwide our client is one of the world's largest producers of animal nutrition products. With sites in West Cork, Cork City and the UK, the organisation has seen significant growth in recent years. They are currently looking for a Quality Coordinator to join their team in West Cork.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Promote and manage a Total Quality Management (TQM) culture by communicating effectively with colleagues in the organisation.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Quality department, including completing inhouse laboratory sample analysis & testing, as well as collating and reacting to these results, and sharing results, conclusions and next steps with those on site.
- Ensure that the supply chain, product & processes are safe and legally compliant.
- Laboratory analysis of raw materials and finished products according to test schedules.
- Keeping accurate records of all samples taken, tests carried out and results.
- Preparation and dispatch of samples to customers, laboratories, etc.
- Manage, retain, reference and store samples.
- Reporting results to the management team as required.
- Monitoring laboratory consumable usage and re-ordering as necessary.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment according to calibration schedule.
- Manage and record customer complaints investigations.
- Prepare and manage the internal and external audits, liaising with relevant departments.
- Maintain QMS documentation and systems
Key experience and competencies include:
- Degree in Quality, Science or Engineering
- Experience of working in an Animal Food / Food manufacturing environment or laboratory is beneficial but not essential
An excellent package is on offer with this role along with tangible career opportunities.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on 087 344 9559 for a confidential discussion.