Since the founding of the family-owned enterprise in 1930, my client has developed into a global market leader in system logistics - thanks to a culture of cooperation and corporate policies focused on sustainable growth and constant innovation.
With EUR 5.6 billion in revenue, over 30,000 employees worldwide throughout their 399 sites, my client is one of Germany's 50 largest family-owned enterprises and various services such as European Road Transport, Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Rail Services. There are three sites across Ireland and there is currently a requirement for a qualified Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental manager with experience in COMAH and /or DGSA.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the QHSE Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of developing, implementing, maintaining and managing the overall environmental, health and safety activities. The successful candidate will be a part of the leadership team and have complete ownership of the EHS agenda for all three sites in Ireland.
- Some important responsibilities will include:
- produce company reports
- run safety management systems
- change and near miss investigations leading a GAP analysis
- manage internal and external audits
- complete various risk and site assessments/inspections
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor's degree in EHS/engineering/science
- Experience in COMAH and /or DGSA and /or ADR
- Demonstrated skills in the execution of improvement projects (project management)
- Be a lead auditor in ISO 14001
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry sector
To learn more about this role apply online or call Helena Boyle on +353 1 6321870 or +353873360953 for a confidential discussion.