A leading Food Group with operations in Ireland and the UK are looking for a new Quality Assurance Manager to join their dynamic and fast-paced business. This successful Food Ingredient Company provides ingredient solutions to the food processing industry in Ireland and the UK.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the appointee will liaise with internal and international company colleagues, will be responsible for all elements of operational quality, and will lead the Quality Management function to develop and implement Quality Management Systems.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overall responsibility for implementation, coordination, management and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Standards including BRC and customers standards.
- Lead the HACCP Team and manage all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programmes to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
- Lead and manage regulatory, 3rd party and internal audits.
- Implement CAPA programmes and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with and guide Q.C. Co-Ordinator.
- Lead production team to ensure continued focus on Food Safety and Quality, compliance, issue prevention, root cause problem solving and attention to detail.
- Manage new product introduction on to the site in conjunction with NPD Department.
- Minimum of an Honours Science degree in Food Science/ Quality Management.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Quality Systems: BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP and BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.