This manufacturing solutions provider has experience providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services across a number of different industry sectors. With over 200,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, this ever-expanding organisation have an opening for a Quality Engineer on their Quality team at their site in North Dublin.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a growing team and business in Ireland and who is looking to develop their career further. You will have the opportunity to establish, influence and improve the Quality Assurance practices and procedures.
Reporting into the Quality Manager, some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and/or design sampling plans and process control plans for lot acceptance and control processes.
- Study and analyse the effectiveness of inspection activities.
- Evaluate and recommend inspection gauges and test equipment. Investigate causes of sporadic defects.
- Hire, supervise and train Quality technicians, as directed by Quality Manager.
- Implement process control systems.
- Provide technical support for component, product and process validations.
- Provide technical support for new product transfer.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation as required for Quality Systems activities.
- Investigate and root cause quality problems.
- Coordinate Customer Complaint investigations on items returned to the facility for analysis.
- Support CAPA investigations and tasks, to determine root cause and corrective actions needed.
- Support manufacturing in analyzing manufacturing product lines to determine how or where within the manufacturing or inspection process, the root cause of non-conformances or customer complaints exist.
- Perform, enhance and validations: for manufacturing processes, gauges, equipment, software and computerised systems as required.
- BS/BA degree in engineering, applied science or related field with minimum 5+ years of experience in quality control preferably in the electronic manufacturing industry but not essential; May substitute relevant experience in lieu of educational requirement.
- Process improvement, Lean or SAP experience highly desirable.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Some who is agile and reactive and who can work both autonomously and collaboratively within the team.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Helena Boyle at HRM on +353 1 6321870 or 0873360953 for a confidential discussion.