This home-grown Irish organisation produce a wide selection of speciality food products for distribution in Ireland and Europe. The company has experienced significant growth and their products can now be found in all major retailers across Ireland.
Due to continued growth at their state-of-the-art facility, this company are looking for a highly motivated and QA Manager with a love of food to join their team in Tipperary.
- Manage the Food Safety and Quality Management system to ensure continuous compliance with regulatory and customer standards.
- Understand and apply all legal, regulatory and food safety requirements to the business.
- Lead and co-ordinate site HACCP/ TACCP team.
- Manage customer interface for all quality matters.
- Support and participate in business improvement projects and actively drive continuous improvements.
- Lead and co-ordinate site NPD plan.
- Ensure all required departmental audits are carried out with effective corrective actions implemented (traceability, glass/perspex, recall, authenticity, GMP, Hygiene, Fabrication and QMS audits).
- Co-ordinate and lead complaint investigations including root cause analysis, implementing effective corrective / preventative actions and closeouts.
- Representative for site during regulatory and customer audits.
- Ensure all internal and external audit/ visit non-conformances are closed out in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Manage all service suppliers including cleaning, pest control, laundry, calibration to ensure that the services are adequately completed as per procedure.
- Conducting site risk assessments as required.
- Reviewing and trending site microbiological results, identifying adverse results and co-ordinating effective corrective actions and validations.
- Support function to Cahir quality and food safety team as required.
- Monitor GMP throughout the production facility and external areas to ensure that the site is always at an audit ready stage in so far as possible.
- Monitor the completion of food safety and quality records to ensure completion on time as required.
- Ensure operational SOP's are maintained up to date and ensure operators are trained in SOPs relevant to their tasks.
- Ensure supplier approval information is maintained up to date and available for inspection.
- Manage stock control of consumables such as PPC, cleaning equipment, chemicals, etc.
- 3-5 years' experience in a QA food manufacturing role.
- Robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Third level degree in Food Science or related subject.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Paul Wheatley on 087 344 9559 for a confidential discussion.