A leading global medical device organisation specialist in the commercialisation and manufacture of innovative products are seeking to appoint an R&D Material Science Analyst to join their expanding R&D hub in the West of Ireland.
Reporting to the R&D Analytical Manager, the Material Science Analyst will carry out mechanical testing, measuring the performance of new and existing manufactured product. The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Developing and improving new and existing mechanical test methods.
- Maintaining and calibrating analytical equipment, troubleshooting any technical issues and ensuring consumables are well-stocked.
- Supporting any R&D initiatives on-site.
- Providing specialist training to on- and off-site users of analytical equipment.
- Interpreting, documenting and communicating test results, effectively, becoming subject matter expert on suitability of testing and characterisation/predictive modelling of processes and methodologies.
- Introducing new testing and measurement instrumentation to the site, sister sites and clients.
- Timely delivery of accurate results.
In order to carry out the role effectively, the following crucial requirements must be held:
- A 3rd level qualification in Analytical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics or Material Sciences.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role industrial or a graduate research position (MSc/PhD).
- Knowledge of troubleshooting operating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- A willingness to travel.
- Be self-driven and a team player.
- Experience developing test methods with strict consideration for quality control systems.
Additional desirable attributes:
- Analytical R&D product development experience.
- Data management system experience.
- Green/Blackbelt 6S qualifications.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aidan Toner at HRM on 091 782110 for a confidential discussion.