Currently in a phase of expansion following its recent acquisition by a large multinational organisation, our client is a successful next generation medical device technology company. Due to recent breakthroughs and a burgeoning project portfolio, the organisation is looking to recruit a talented R&D Engineer with a specialty in Mechatronics.
Reporting to the R&D Manager the R&D Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing, improving and extending the company's existing technology and intellectual property portfolio.
- Get a full grasp of the clinical needs and understand the disease state, keeping up-to-date with the latest in medical devices and technoloiges.
- Design, build and operate computer controlled electro-mechanical test equipment.
- Draft, review and execute technical procedures and reports.
- Identify and contact vendors to acquire materials and equipment.
- Subscribe to personal development and continuous improvement opportunities, building technical skillsets.
The ideal R&D Engineer will possess:
- An engineering or scientific Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant discipline with a focus particulartu on electronics and mechanical theory.
- Relevant xperience working in the medical device industry
- A drive to complete tasks as part of a team but also independantly as required, is a must.
- A knowledge of SolidWorks, CAD, MatLab, Labview and MS Office.
- High level of engagement and enthusiasm as well as a grasp of prioritisation and ability to work to deadlines is required.
To find out more about this opportunity apply online or call Aidan Toner directly for a confidential chat on +353 91 782110.