Reward, Performance and Special Projects Manager
- Posted 22 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHR Leadership and Specialists
- ContactSarah Louise Nolan
HRM have been retained by a leading Irish organisation on an exciting growth and transformation phase, to appoint a Reward, Performance and Special Projects Manager to support the People team in designing a highly progressive foundation and in delivering improvements and change across the business. The successful candidate will bring deep reward and performance expertise to the business and will also lead and support a number of critical people transformation projects. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, this is a standalone hands-on role which is part of a small and dynamic people team.
Performance, Reward and Recognition:
- Design and maintain total reward, career path and recognition frameworks for the business with particular focus on large employee areas, including end to end alignment and bench-marking on total reward models and structures.
- Manage the end to end pay review, plus other ad hoc pay change advisory and reviews as required.
- Manage annual promotion cycle frameworks in line with pay reviews.
- Support CPO on any union pay agreement documents or meetings as required.
- Design and implement company bonus and incentive structures including SIS (sales incentive scheme), Annual Bonus and other key incentives.
- Manage key benefits including pension, health-care, allowance structures and tiering of benefits, including liaison with partners ensuring staying ahead of any regulatory or other changes in market.
- Manage broader benefits for example leave benefits, health/well-being related etc.
- Bench-marking and levelling of reward and benefits.
- Lead in delivering performance mgt CoE materials annually (annual review cycle, mid-year, ongoing PM etc) and ensure all forms and training materials designed and delivered.
- Build longer term performance and reward CoE - ongoing analysis and insight on areas that require better performance management coaching and talent actions.
- Ensure appropriate reward and leave related policies and documents in place.
- Design and deliver company recognition initiatives.
- Budgeting and cost management for reward and pay related costs.
- Produce key reward communication and marketing material as required and respond to related employee queries.
- Produce board and other reporting on pay, reward or bonus projects as required.
- Joint management of payroll and payroll governance within team plus broader HR ops team member people management support.
Additional Projects To Support As/When Required:
- Support on pay, career path or transition elements of any company restructuring or M&A if or when needs arise.
- Broader simplification and enhancement initiatives for example contract structure that reflects new reward and incentive principles etc.
- Reward and pay support to any pay and incentive related projects including but not limited to union or other collective agreement support.
- In conjunction with finance conduct end to end review of payroll process and opportunities for simplification and enhancement.
- Create simplified reward levelling structure to ensure progressive people foundation which is fit for purpose for the future.
- Support to CPO on other priority projects or activities as required.
The successful candidate will be a highly driven, adaptable and confident people person who can thrive in a rapidly changing organisation and will adopt a hands-on approach to their role. We are seeking a high calibre and talented HR professional who has a passion for HR as a career, and who also has longer term potential for broader responsibilities and progression over time.
Minimum qualifications, experience & skills
- Honours degree in Human Resources or related discipline e.g. Employment Law, Business, Organisational Development etc. Post graduate qualifications also an advantage.
- 7-10 years' experience working in HR or People team, with a minimum of 2-3 years in a HR management level role.
- Specialist technical reward and benefit experience required.
- Must have HR experience across all areas of responsibility outlined in the overview above.
- Experience in progressive organisation with good best practice aligned to our needs of the future.
- Data driven and HR bench-marking experience.
- Advanced excellent levels of proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint an essential.
Broader Key Skills Required:
- A dynamic and driven individual who is highly adaptable and can thrive in a rapidly changing organisation.
- An excellent self-starter with the ability to own and drive their work independently while collaborating effectively where required internally.
- A positive can-do attitude and someone who can bring innovative solutions to the table on any challenges that may arise.
- Highly adaptable with strong resilience and flexible to needs of the role and the business.
- A strong work ethic and highly committed individual with a proven track record of delivering successfully to deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically while executing directly at high quality and pace.
- Ability to rapidly flex and re-prioritise according to the ever-changing needs of the business and the entrepreneurial culture of the business.
- A highly organised individual with ability to plan and prioritise workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen in relation to HR and experience in driving data driven initiatives and improvements.
- Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment and a keen interest in developing their career.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, and ability to influence and develop relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Is resilient and can cope with high pressure work environment.
- Individual with strong people skills who will be a role model for the teams.
For more information, contact Sarah Louise Nolan at sarah- or apply directly.