Our client is a globally recognised healthcare company in Cork. Due to expansion of their current team they are seeking a Safety & Environment Specialist. This is an organisation that continues to grow its footprint both globally and in Cork and provides tangible career opportunities.
The key focuses of the Safety & Environment Specialist will be to minimize workplace safety and environmental risks. They will effectively prioritize, ensure regulatory compliance, and participate in continuous performance improvement efforts.
As the Safety & Environment Specialist you will also:
- Demonstrates collaboration with partners in operations to ensure a safe by choice culture.
- Participates with the team to drive EHS improvements with clear outcomes.
- Provides support for process areas including management of change, incident investigation, EHS standards compliance, auditing and capital project work as assigned.
- With knowledge of EHS regulations and their applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Participates in achieving sustainability goals for the company through site initiatives.
- Assures completion of regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with local and country EHS requirements.
- Experience with participating EHS agency inspections and correspondence.
- Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with oversight and supervision.
- BSc (hons) Degree in EHS, Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years' EHS experience.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects.
- Critical thinking, project management, problem solving skills required.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Wheatley at HRM on +353 21 451 1190 for a confidential discussion.