The Schedule/Production Planner is responsible for all aspects of the production scheduling to support customer requirements while at the same time managing inventory/capacity constraints and monitoring the site capacity planning business process. The successful candidate will be the site contact for all external issues to ensure consistent planning/capacity management throughout.
In this role you will prepare and communicate accurate production schedules on a monthly basis based on requirements for relevant products as well as review and obtain agreement for schedules with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you will:
- Finalise the monthly plan and summarise key changes and impacts for presentation to the leadership team in order to assess the impact on Activity hours, Inventory Levels, Impact on Supply, Impact if any on Standard Costing and Resources.
- Work to ensure that inventories of raw materials and intermediates are controlled to meet site targets without potential for adverse impact on API supply to customers.
- Be tasked with creating and releasing process orders.
- Be responsible for escalating to RLT any issues that may affect supply.
- Monitor the schedule adherence with Operations and Quality to ensure site schedule adherence measure is met each day/week/month.
- Manage day to day changes to the schedule through communications at Tier 2 meetings.
- Be responsible for monitoring availability of (API/Intermediate) inventory with Quality in order to satisfy operational demand.
- Manage forecasts and orders received and liaise with Global Supply and Sourcing team (GSS) to ensure batches meet customer's orders on time.
- Provide annual forecasts of raw material requirements for the Procurement Lead to enable better purchasing information when dealing with vendors.
- Update API charts for the visual boards in the IPT's Tier 2 and Tier 3 areas.
- Be responsible for managing the supply/return of materials to/from the site to support processing requirements, solvent and material reconciliations to support financial month end and monitoring inventory accuracy through scheduling cycle counts and material variances. Ensure that any material changes necessary are reflected in Master Batch Record updates.
- Be responsible for maintaining the planning system by creating Production Models (PMs) for all manufacturing processes and by updating PMs based on actual performance data communicated at post campaign reviews.
To be considered, you will need 3-4 years of experience in an API manufacturing environment. You should also:
- Have 3-4 years' experience in materials and production control using an SAP MRP system.
- Be degree qualified.
- Have an APICS certification or be willing to pursue qualification process.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of financial management.
- Possess knowledge of inventory management.
- Have knowledge of process descriptions, cycle times, standard costs, operations and equipment.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul McDonogh at HRM on +353 1 6321882 for a confidential discussion.