HRM have been retained by a well-established US Biopharmaceutical company that have recently established a European business. As a start up in Europe, this business is in the process of establishing European legal entities. To support the establishment of this business and the continued success of the business they currently seek an experienced, senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join their business.
As the first Accounts Payable Specialist in Europe, you will be responsible for establishing the accounts payable processes and procedures across Europe. Using Oracle as their ERP system, the business requires an individual with a strong understanding of European VAT.
- Provide accurate and efficient invoice processing.
- Resolve AP processing issues through communication with internal and external contacts (vendors, Project Managers etc)
- Generate purchase orders within the accounting system. Research and resolve issues.
- Reconcile vendor statements, correct discrepancies and respond to queries.
- Oversee process for employee corporate credit card expenses, verifying monthly receipts and coding
- Serve as the process owner for the Concur expense reporting system. Support and maintain system processes, procedures, and controls for Concur. Including supporting users of Concur to support effective expense reporting.
- Assist compliance team with annual Sunshine Act reporting requirements.
- Assist in monthly close, specifically accounts payable ledger and account reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns for multiple legal entities in several countries
- Provide day-to-day and period closing support to the Accounting Manager and other members of the Finance department.
- Complete various other ad-hoc analyses as directed by the Assistant Controller and other members of the Finance department
To be considered:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 4 years of directly relevant experience.
- Prior experience of working in a shared services environment handling multiple legal entities in several countries. Proven track record of driving process improvements,
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility of the accounts payable, purchase order and corporate credit card functions
- General understanding and knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of working in small teams. Experience 8 Detail orientation with focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Oracle and Concur preferred.
- Mature, confident approach to work content.
Salary: up to €55,000 + share options + bonus + pension + health + 30 days AL
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on for a confidential discussion.