Our client is a large pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The organisational goal is to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. They are now seeking a Senior Associate Scientist - Analytical Operations to join their team in Cork.
As a Senior Associate Scientist - Analytical Operations, you will independently plan and execute experiments that support routine & non-routine development activities and project goals.
In addition, responsibilities will include:
- Applies advanced level of understanding of analytical methods.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing methods development.
- Collaborates to develop & validate methods.
- May design new experiments to support development of drug substances and drug products or techniques to test such substances.
- May create API or drug product specifications.
- Generation, review and approval of development & validation lifecycle documentation including change controls, risk assessments, protocols, reports etc
- Collation of data and technical writing for submissions for regulatory filings.
- Planning and execution of method transfer/validations, process, cleaning and analytical testing in accordance with validation protocols
- Recommends alternatives, research new methods and techniques and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Presents results of work, interprets data and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
- Acts as a resource for other employees within the department.
- Task management of junior employees may be required
- Manage group with multiple areas of responsibility and may lead a component of a project within the job family.
- Identifies and introduces new technology and/or methods to the organization and trains junior staff.
You will have a minimum of 9 years' experience in a similar role. A third level qualification in Chemistry or Biology is required.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Anna Carey on +353 87 392 8655 or email for a confidential discussion.