Operating in Ireland since the late 70's this global pharmaceutical business employs approximately 1,000 staff across operations in Munster. The site runs technically complex manufacturing processes to create active ingredients for therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology and diabetes.
An opening for an experienced Automation Engineer to join their well-established team on-site is now available.
As a member of the site Automation team, you will report into the Automation Manager and join a team of approx. 15 experienced Engineers. The group are responsible for steering and supporting all aspects of manufacturing operations and project-based activities.
- Provide automation support for manufacturing operations, compliance activities and capital projects.
- Conducting code reviews and functional automation testing on the DCS platform.
- Providing automation support for Operational Qualifications of new equipment.
- Working with cross-functional groups to identify potential improvements and changes.
- Be involved with the detailed design of automated solutions for the site.
- Oversee efficiency of the system's functionality in line with internal quality standards.
- Draft and execute of validation strategies and associated documentation.
- Manage process control engineering including design, tuning and troubleshooting of control loops.
- All applications must have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within a highly regulated GMP manufacturing operation -Biotech, API or pharmaceutical site.
- Working knowledge of Foxboro or DeltaV and experience with PLC's is required to be successful in this role.
- A strong communicator with the ability to work well within a cross-functional team to achieve a common objective.
- Flexible approach to work and a positive attitude will be a good fit with the team dynamic.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills are required for this position given the nature of the work involved.
- Autonomous with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- €60,000 - €70,000
- Annual performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Generous pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance
- Subsidised canteen
- 22 days annual lead
For more information please contact Aisling Clements on 00353 87 7521041.