This successful Medical Device contract manufacturing facility located in the West with over 300 employees in Ireland and more than 1000 worldwide, is looking for a skilled professional to join its team. Due to recent business developments, the company require a Senior Automation Engineer to support on manufacturing activities.
Reporting to the Business Unit Engineering Manager, you will support design process improvement and lead in-house automation initiatives to reduce cost and increase efficiency. Supported by your team, the Senior Automation Engineer will:
- Provide technical guidance from concept to design commissioning and validation
- Liaise with the Engineering team to improve automation systems, keeping up-to-date on industrial automation technologies
- Lead initiatives to improve productivity and cost savings site-wide
- Support and maintain process lines through implementation of automation procedures and improve OEE through participation in Preventative and Corrective Maintenance programmes
- Assist in the introduction of new equipment to clients plants and internally
- Deliver automation solutions on time and within budget
A Senior Automation Engineer must be qualified to, at minimum, Diploma level in Mechatronics/Electrical. Additionally, to perform the role effectively, the Senior Automation Engineer must have:
- 5-8 years' relevant industrial automation experience
- A working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, VB
- Proficiency with troubleshooting hardware and software designs
- Keen familiarity with motor drivers and knowledge of regulatory requirements of machine building
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aidan Toner on +353 91 782 110 for a confidential discussion.