Our client, a leading manufacturer of medical devices serving the global marketplace based in Connaught are seeking an experienced Senior Automation Engineer to work within the Engineering Team. This role will report directly to the Business Unit Engineering Manager. You will lead in-house automation projects and provide technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery, commissioning and validation.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Automation Engineer will include:
- Develop automation procedures to support and maintain process lines
- Identify opportunities to improve automation systems and design process improvements
- Introduce the latest developments in industrial automation technology to achieve cost savings and improve productivity
- Participate in Preventative and Corrective Maintenance Programs to improve OEE
- Implement and support automation systems for manufacturing and packaging
- Assist in setting up new machines and transferring equipment at different plants
- Conform to the requirements of the quality and environmental management systems
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Mechatronics/Electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with PLC systems (Allen Bradley/Rockwell/Siemens)
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 091782113.