Our client, a global leading pharmaceutical company, are looking for a Senior Category Strategy Manager (API) to join their team on a permanent basis. This position is strategy focussed and an experienced professional within an API manufacturing business is required. The role will be based in their global HQ in Dublin.
Reporting into the API Category Lead (Director), you will have, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities/activities:
- You must build and maintain relationships with the business' global supplier network.
- You will be involved in contract and pricing negotiations.
- You will develop category strategies for API raw materials and technologies within the assigned spend areas.
- You will support supply risk modelling to proactively identify, eliminate or minimise any risks associated with API material supply.
- In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the introduction of new products and various continuous improvement initiatives.
- Establish a SRM programme for API raw material categories.
- Work closely with cross functional partners such as quality and operations to remain compliant with company policy.
- You must have 5+ years' experience in procurement strategy and category management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably API.
- It would be advantageous to have an educational background in Chemistry, Pharmacy or Engineering.
- You will have a strong background managing third party relationships on a global scale and leading contract negotiations.
- Prior experience developing or improving a supplier relationship management programme.
To learn more, apply online or contact Cian Breheny with your CV at to arrange a confidential discussion.