Our client, a global leading pharmaceutical company, are looking for a Senior Category Strategy Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This position is strategy focussed and an experienced professional within a biologics manufacturing business is required. The role will be based in their global HQ in Dublin.
Reporting into the Global Director of Biologics Procurement, you will have, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities/activities:
- You must build and maintain relationships with the business' global supplier network.
- You will be involved in contract and pricing negotiations.
- You will develop category strategies for bio-production raw materials and technologies within the assigned spend areas.
- You will support supply risk modelling to proactively identify, eliminate or minimise any risks associated with biologics material supply.
- In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the introduction of new products and various continuous improvement initiatives.
- Establish a SRM programme for bio raw material categories.
- Work closely with cross functional partners such as quality and operations to remain compliant with company policy.
- You must have 5+ years' experience in procurement strategy and category management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- You will need a bachelors' or masters degree in a relevant field.
- You will have a strong background managing third party relationships on a global scale and leading contract negotiations.
- Prior experience developing or improving a supplier relationship management programme.
To learn more, apply online or contact Cian Breheny with your CV at to arrange a confidential discussion.