Our client, a leading manufacturer within FMCG serving the global marketplace based in Connaught are seeking an experienced Senior Controls Engineer. This role will report directly to the Automation Manager. The purpose of this role is to advance the development and capability of the Industrial Controls Systems on the site.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Controls Engineer will include:
- Improving Control System Design of Existing Infrastructure
- Project Management & Vendor Management
- Managing and highlighting risks associated with obsolete critical infrastructure
- Provision of support for existing robotics & vision systems in the plant
- Defining documentation standards to increase system supportability
- Working with the site maintenance team to develop their controls knowledge
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree qualified in Mechantronics, Computer/Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong PLC and HMI programming skills required - Allen Bradley, Intouch, RSBatch, Fanuc, Kuka and vision systems an advantage
- Proven experience in delivering automation projects in a regulated environment.
- Previous experience in project and vendor management is highly desirable
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 091782113.