This leading innovative Medical Device organisation has well established operations across multiple sites in Ireland. Employing in the region of 50,000 staff globally with revenues north of $15 Billion per annum, this Medical Device organisation remains one of the largest globally. Since first opening its' doors in Ireland, the business has expanded both manufacturing and R&D operations. Their Dublin facility is a global CoE and due to a recent expansion within the development team, a Senior Engineering position has become available. This role is responsible for Validation and Verification activities for an innovative product.
This position sits within the R&D Team reporting into the Associate Director of R&D. You will be expected to lead verification strategy within the R&D Department and support design project initiatives.
- Develop design verification strategies, test set-ups and protocols for complex medical devices.
- Manage and update design control documents as required.
- Support reviews across all design phases focusing on all validation and verification activities
- Collaborate with other engineering groups within the business to ensure product requirements are testable and measurable.
- Evaluate and assess system performance and reliability against user regulatory and business requirements across system and sub-system levels.
- Oversee the delivery of external test vendors and ensure standards are adhered to effectively.
- Minimum of a level 8 Bachelor's Degree - Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- At least 8 years' industry experience specialising in the verification of devices or supporting device development projects.
- Medical Device design controls knowledge and expertise
- Experience with implementing product changes through a structured, phase-gated product development process
- Keen problem solver with strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing design and development projects is highly desirable
- Industry experience will sit within a Medical Devices environment.
- A confident communicator who can clearly direct an experienced team of technical professionals.
- An influential individual who can effectively manage high demands in a busy environment.
- Agile learner, excellent interpersonal skills and results orientated
This position offers a competitive salary with additional benefits including:
- Annual performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension contribution scheme
- Life assurance package
- Parking on-site
- Subsidised canteen
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling at HRM on +353 87 7521041 for a confidential discussion.