One of Ireland's largest Universities has an excellent opportunity on offer within their Culture & Engagement unit for a Senior Employee Relations Specialist to join their team, who are responsible for the delivery of a range of organisational wide initiatives and services, designed to support the overall strategy.
As the Senior Employee Relations Specialist, you will report to the Employee Relations & Policy Manager and manage a portfolio of active individual and collective cases both locally and at third party. You will also play a leading role in the development of programmes that will support the implementation of the Employee Relations Framework to enhance the quality of the working environment. Working closely with key stakeholders across the organisation, you will act as a consultant in diagnosing issues and setting out with clarity desired outcomes through appropriate dispute resolution strategies.
- Working with the Employee Relations & Policy Manager to deliver the overall provision of Employee Relations Services in the University. This includes the management of precedent-setting and active cases both locally and at third party (individual and collective).
- Providing expert, comprehensive and relevant employee relations advice including interpreting and providing advice on aspects of national agreements and settlements to ensure the uniform application of their provisions.
- Maintaining a programme of continuous professional development and keep abreast of new developments in employment and employee relations issues.
- Contributing to and leading on the development, implementation and administration of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment law and HR best practice.
- Leading on the development of strategic policies and procedures which are legally compliant and represent sectoral best practice.
- Leading in the development of union engagement, the guiding principle being one of fostering a progressive relationship.
- Leading the collective processes of negotiation and consultation with the trade unions for Strategy HR Projects as required.
- Working closely with the Senior Management, and the Engagement and Internal Communications team to prepare and review communications on initiatives and messaging from an employee relations perspective.
- Having a good understanding of the concepts, principles and practices across a range of the following HRM functional competencies - Organisation Design, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Staffing, and Job Grading/ Career & Promotions Pathways - and be able to apply these in the context of the employee relations and wider HR agenda.
Ideally, the candidate will have 7-10 years' relevant professional experience, including 2 years operating at a senior level in a complex organisation and will hold a degree in HR or a related discipline. You will have a strong understanding of the concepts, principals and practice across Employee Relations, Change Management, Performance Development and Employee Engagement and be able to apply these effectively in support of the employee relations agenda. CIPD chartered membership is desired, as well as a Masters Degree and an appreciation of working within a public sector context.
To learn more about this opportunity apply online or contact Arlene Moran on +353 1 632 1854 for a confidential discussion.