Senior Health and Safety Officer
A great opportunity to join a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Dublin. Reporting to the EHS Manager you will be overseeing and executing the activities of the Health and Safety function on the Dublin site as the main subject matter expert.
The position is divided into two categories. You will be responsible for operational activities for Health and Safety Compliance. You will also manage the supervision of a Health and Safety Officer.
- Act as the regulatory contact with the HSA to provide information as requested and to notify safety incidences as required.
- Compile and maintain the Health and Safety legislative register through involvement with external groups such as BioPharma Chemical.
- Ensure compliance with HSA process safety requirements in consultation with the EHS Engineer and the Senior Safety Engineer.
- Ensure maintenance of the safety management system ISO45001 to ensure that the policies and procedures are consistent with best safety standards.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, communicate to management and review periodically.
- Provide support for any external audits and carry out inspections and audits of the site on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with ISO45001, cGMP, ISO 14001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and all site standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assess process/plant changes/new installations and participation in project teams to ensure health and safety aspects of materials and operations are considered.
- Provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new/modified facilities including impact on future maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that new processes and associated equipment modifications are assessed from a health and safety perspective through HAZOPs, HAZID's, Method Statements & Risk Assessment.
- Supervision of Health and Safety Officer.
- Educated to degree level in Science, Engineering (or equivalent) discipline. Postgraduate qualification in Health and Safety is preferable but not essential.
- Minimum of 8-10 years site-based health and safety experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment and ideally with a minimum of 2 to 3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Strong knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
- Proven track record of maintaining health and safety compliance in a pharmaceutical company.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Emma Mullen at HRM on +353 87 6369263 for a confidential discussion.