A global organisation within the pharmaceutical sector are seeking to appoint a Senior Health & Safety Speciaist. Reporting to the EHS Manager you will be overseeing and executing the activities of the Health and Safety function on-site as the main subject matter expert for Health and Safety Compliance together with the Health and Safety Officer, to ensure safe, compliant operations/activities.
- You will act as the regulatory contact with the HSA to provide information as requested and to notify safety incidences as required
- You will compile and maintain the Health and Safety legislative register through involvement with external groups such as BioPharmaChemical Ireland and ensure that the company standards and interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the best industry practice and Corporate requirements
- You will ensure maintenance of the safety management system ISO45001 to ensure that the policies and procedures are consistent.
- You will manage and cooridnate the risk assessment programme, working with various area owners to develope protocals and ensure full compliance
- You will manage any external audits and carry out inspections and audits of the site on a regular basis to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with ISO45001, cGMP, ISO 14001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and all site standards, policies, and procedures
- you will manage safety peroformance, assessing process/plant changes/new installations and participation in project teams to ensure health and safety aspects of materials and operations are considered.
- Provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new/modified facilities including impact on future maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that new processes and associated equipment modifications are assessed from a health and safety perspective through HAZOPs, HAZID's, Method Statements & Risk Assessment.
- Educated to degree level in Science, Engineering (or equivalent) discipline. Postgraduate qualification in Health and Safety is preferable but not essential.
- Minimum of 5-7 years site-based health and safety experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment and ideally with a minimum of 2 to 3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Strong knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
- Have confidence to call out non-compliance issues and explain to others where changes are required and why.
- Ability to multi-task on a number of concurrent projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate the health and safety requirements of activities
Please contact Emma Mullen for more information on +353 87 636 9263