Our client, a multinational pharmaceutical company, is dedicated to improving the health of people around the world. They have been in operation for the last 17 years and continue to move from strength to strength at their Irish sites. They pride themselves on being a welcoming and family-feel organisation, where their people are at the heart of what they do.
They are currently searching for a Senior Health and Safety Specialist to join their Dublin EHS team.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Operational activities include being the Regulatory contact for the HSA, compiling and maintaining Health and Safety legislative register, and ensuring maintenance of safety management systems ISO45001.
- The supervision and training of a Health and Safety Specialist would also be a key component of this role, including development, training, and coaching as well as monitoring their workload and ensuring compliance by an ongoing review of performance.
- Health and Safety Training provision and support for the EHS Administrator is another key aspect, in ensuring all Health & Safety training requirements are met on-site, for instance, manual handling, DGSA awareness, and forklift training.
- Support the Senior EHS Engineer with process safety requirements / COMAH requirements for the site.
- Ensure equipment modifications are done through the perspective of HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Method Statements, and Risk Assessments.
- Level 8 degree in Science, Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) discipline. Postgraduate qualification in Health and Safety.
- 5-7 years health and safety experience preferably working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment or process engineering experience in a health and safety role.
- Ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask on concurrent projects and have the confidence to call out non-compliance issues.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Déanna Healy at HRM on +353 87 636 9263 for a confidential discussion.