Our Client is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. The Global Logistics function within Global Supply Chain is responsible for Shipping & Distribution of temperature-controlled products through the manufacturing process to final delivery. The Global Logistics function is also responsible for Global Shipping Validation activities & Global Product Security.
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing the distribution team operating globally against GDP guidelines.
- You will drive the execution of the strategic roadmap for the global logistics function ensuring a proactive approach is in place to develop optimal and compliant solutions for patients.
- In this role, you will be tasked with developing means of continuous improvement as well as implementing standardized GL processes and procedures.
- You will lead RFQ's review and selection for 3pL logistics partners, setting the appropriate operating procedures and key performance targets.
- In this role, you will lead cross-functional teams to ensure the organisations Global Logistics function in enabling the business while operating to the highest standards of compliance and integrity.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply to customers from external distribution centres and delivery partners.
- In this role you will act as a key point of contact and escalation for both internal teams looking to resolves issues referred by internal or external stakeholders.
- Pro-actively manage the organisations distribution centre performance versus the current industry standards, trends and practices.
- You will work to build strategic relationships with senior executive leadership within our logistics partners.
- You will need experience leading a global team with an expert working knowledge of Logistics & Distribution.
- You will need to be degree qualified in a related discipline.
- 8 years prior experience and technical expertise in Global Pharmaceutical Supply Chain.
- You should possess an excellent understanding of commercial business processes, process improvement and automation.
- You will need excellent knowledge of GxP & regulatory issues as they relate to pharmaceutical supply chain.
- You should have experience in leading third-party performance across a broad stakeholder base.
- You will need the ability to execute on multiple strategic programs.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul McDonogh at HRM on +353 1 6321882 or email for a confidential discussion.