Our client, a medical device organisation based in Galway are seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work within the R&D facility. This role will report directly to the R&D Project Management Director. You will be responsible for manufacturing technical leadership of NPI activities in partnership with R&D and QA functions.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to process and product development projects including responsibility for reporting on project activities.
- Support the finished device manufacturing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that product quality, regulatory & business requirements are met
- Compile any necessary equipment/capital authorisation requests supported with appropriate justifications and alternative options.
- Collaborate with key suppliers and their production/manufacturing teams to drive and support process/product improvements/developments and lean initiatives.
- The role will involve some European travel to suppliers.
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Engineering or Science discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience preferably in the Medical Device sector.
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 00 353 91782113.