Our client, a medical device organisation based in Galway are seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work within the Polymer Balloons/Extrusion team. This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Balloons/Extrusion will include:
- Lead a dedicated group of Polymer Engineers & Technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and implement short- and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- To work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates and coach and mentor team members.
- Oversee and drive validation activities.
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Engineering/Polymer or a Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a high-volume Polymer production environment
- Equipment knowledge and process experience of Balloon forming and/or polymer extrusion
For more information on this opportunity, talk to Laura Gallagher in confidence, email or call her direct line 00 353 91782113.