This leading medical device organisation has been a long time investor here in Ireland with operations in Ireland since the 1960's. Employing in the region of 70,000 employees globally and revenues north of 16 billion per annum, this organisation remains one of the largest global Medical Devices organisations globally. Since its introduction to Ireland, this innovator has proceeded to continuously invest in this country including investments in additional manufacturing and research sites across Ireland. One of the organisations' primary plants based in Leinster is currently undergoing significant investment and change. It has transformed its operations in Ireland through strong leadership, continuous innovation and demonstrating the importance of this site to the organisations global manufacturing operations. At present, a requirement exists for a Senior Packaging Design Engineer to join it's expanding operation here in Dublin.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Prototype, design, develop and validate primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for diabetes care medical devices to support clinical trials, limited market releases and full-scale product launches
- Provide R&D project management for the packaging workstream to support for new product launches, clinical trials, global and limited market releases as well as key operations initiatives
- Working through continuous changes resulting from a dynamic product development environment and translate the device changes into the package development process, working closely and continuously with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers of materials and services
The ideal candidate will have a third level Engineer/Technical/Science qualification.
- Candidates must have a BS/MS in Packaging and 5-10 years of package development experience with a medical device company
- Experience should include materials such as paperboard, expanded foams, flexible films, vacuum trays, corrugate, and rigid
- Familiarity with medical device sterilization and designing packaging for compatibility with both Radiation and ETO type processes
- Have hands on experience designing and qualifying medical device packaging in compliance with local and international standards and regulations. These include, but are not limited to, ISO 11607-1, ISO 11607-2, ASTM F1980, ASTM F2097, ASTM D4169.
To learn more about this role apply online or call Helena Boyle on + 353 1 6321870 for a confidential discussion.