Our client is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join their team at their plant in Cork. With over 200 employees, this plant has seen significant growth in new product introductions, expansion of line capacity, increase in headcount and increased global project activity. The Senior Project Engineer will serve as a key member of the Engineering Team and will be a key contributor to all Engineering processes for this facility.
Operating in a progressive and production focused Engineering Team, reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Engineer has direct responsibility for delivery of process excellence in a top-class facility in Cork. You will also:
- Assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the site objectives
- Integrate lean design and performance as key target of the project for Call for Tenders
- Follow up of the tenders for the different contractors and discuss lay-out, P&ID's, utilities, etc
- Analyse the offers and participate to the recommendation and contractors selection with project SSD in order to endure optimised capex / operation investments
- Follow up the execution of the equipment works (including acceptance tests, regular visits)
- Ensure the project is in compliance within budget and schedule
- Ensure support, training and knowledge transfer to the future plant staff regarding processes and equipment
- Coordinate all the suppliers involved in the scope
- Coordinate the qualification and validation tests
- Organise and realise the start-up of all the process equipment
- Support the production team during the ramp up of the process equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
- 5 years+ relevant experience in an FMCG, fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment with demonstrable and transferable skills
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment designing and implementing process projects
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience
- Experience in standardisation and improvement of processes
Evident for the successful candidate is a Plant Engineering Manager who will mentor, guide and support you to progress your career.
An attractive package is on offer for the successful candidate.
To discover more contact Paul Wheatley in HRM on +353 21 4511190 for a confidential discussion.